To begin with even if you join the best coaching institute , there is no substitute for self study…
An Old and trusted name in IAS coaching community often compared to the top leaders like vajiram, chanakya and ALS academy located in Old Rajinder Nagar and kingsway camp. Sriram is a 30 year old institute established in 1985 and is known to provide high quality education and excellent study material. The coaching center is well known for its experienced faculty, detailed explanations on every subject, passionate team.However if you want a subjective opinion.
I feel Sriram’ IAS is way better than Vajiram
1) Considering the new pattern of examination
Which focuses much more on analytical abilities than merely mugging and pouring out on the paper
The class lectures in Sriram help you build up those skills and not just jotting down notes without understanding a word of it.
2) The batch strength of Vajiram is huge
as compared to Sriram where you don’t have to suffice by merely watching them on the led tv panels as in Vajiram..This making the class more interactive.
3) Vajiram provides you with truck loads of material most of which has not been updated keeping in mind the current examination trend.
Sriram’s notes specially for Economics are referred to by almost all the upsc aspirants. The material is limited , upto the point , updated and comprehensive.
4) The class scheduling pattern in vajiram is one different subject per day.. That’s the most irritating aspect.. Carry a different register every day..different teachers taking up the same subject.. And we are hardly able to consolidate the knowledge..
Sriram takes up one subject at a time.
The faculty for economics, polity, geography and history specially is very good in sriram.
Although the faculty for some subjects like Polity, IR and Science and tech is good in vajiram too..
5) You are given a handout of the important news articles to be read in The Hindu everyday with follow up questions important for mains.. The level of questions is pretty good and actually help you out in mains and also practice answer writing from day one. Many of the questions have actually been asked in mains the ones that were being discussed in the class..
This is in Sriram.
6) To sum up.. Joining any coaching institute will never guarantee your success in this examination until and unless you are clear about your goal..
The coachings just aid in giving direction and a study environment to the aspirants otherwise it’s just a waste of time and money ( which is also huge)
Only perseverance and honest hard work can help you get through this examination.. There is just no other substitute to it.
The above opinions are highly subjective opinions.
However I’d suggest every aspirant who intends to join any coaching centre never goes there absolutely unprepared and with a zero level knowledge base. You are only going to end up coming out disappointed and lost.
For aspirants who are concerned about the huge sums of money that the coaching wallahs charge,
You can find plenty of resources on the internet to guide your preparation. You can find inspiration from the blogs that many UPSC toppers write. There are very informative websites too to aid your preparation and guide you on strategy building for the exam.. Like
And also you can follow Sriram’s IAS page on Facebook. You can find daily news update (required for UPSC) , some important exam relevant questions and their answers alongside and also some practice questions for prelims .
Courses offered :-
Prelims-cum-Mains Integrated Course – 2016
10 month duration course includes test series, there is a regular question and answer session held in the classrooms on daily basis.
Prelim-Cum-Mains (including CSAT: Rs. 1,27,000/-
Prelim-Cum-Mains (NO CSAT): Rs.1,15,000/-
CSAT : Rs.17000/-
Admission process :-
You can visit one of the following centers to know more about the admission procedure for this coaching center-
73-75, 1st Floor; Beside GTB Metro Station Gate No.1, Above Bank of Baroda, Ring Road, Kingsway Camp, New Delhi-09. Ph.: 8447273027
22-B, Pusa Road, Bada Bazar Marg, Old Rajinder Nagar, New Delhi-60
Please note that you are required to bring 2 photographs while visiting the center along with fee mentioned for the course you are interested in.
Although sriram IAS does not provide any hostel facilities but they do have tie ups with the local property dealers, so if you are interested in any kind of accommodation you can get in touch with the centers staff to know more about it.
Official email id- email@example.com
Official website- http://www.sriramsias.com
Ph. 011-25825591; 42437002; 9811489560, 8860045245
Hope that helps 🙂
For more like http://www.facebook.com/ndmias