Short Mock Test on Child Labour (Prohibition & Regulation) Act 1986 for Upcoming UPSC EPFO ENFORCEMENT OFFICER EXAM 2016
1. The Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act, 1986 is an example of
(A) Regulative Labour Legislation
(B) Protective Labour Legislation
(C) Social Security Legislation
(D) Welfare Legislation
2. Which of the following is not the objective of the Ch i ld Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Bill proposed by the second National Commission on Labour?
(A) To ensure that no child would be deprived of a future being deprived of education.
(B) to ensure children not to work in situations where they are exploited.
(C) to prohibit child labour in all employments irrespective of their coverage under the existing Act.
(D) To tackle the problem of child labour by ensuring universal education.
3. Under the Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act, 1986, a child is one who has not completed his
(A) 18 years
(B) 16 years
(C) 15 years
(D) 14 years
4. Which of the following legislations apply to unorganized sector workers in India?
(A) Minimum Wages Act
(B) Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act, 1986
(C) Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act 1970
(D) All of the above
5. As per the act, Day means a period of 24 hours beginning at
(A) Morning 8 AM
(C) Evening 4 PM
6. As per the Act, Week means a period of 7 days beginning at midnight on
7. Anybody who contravenes the provisions of Section 3 (Prohibition of employment of children in certain occupations and processes) shall be punished with minimum ______ which may extend up to _______ of imprisonment
(A) 1 month; 1 year
(B) 3 months; 1 year
(C) 6 months; 3 years
(D) 6 months; 5 years
8. Which Section of the Act details out the provisions related to Health and Safety under the Act?
(A) Section 11
(B) Section 12
(C) Section 13
(D) Section 14
9. As per the act, a child should not be permitted to work between
(A) 8 PM; 7 AM
(B) 7 PM; 8 AM
(C) 6 PM; 7 AM
(D) 5 PM; 9 AM
10. The day specified in notice as a weekly holiday for a child shall not be altered by the occupier more than once in ___.
(A) 1 week
(B) 1 month
(C) 2 months
(D) 3 months
11. The “Notice to Inspector”, as mentioned in Section 9 of the act, shall be sent within how many days of employment of a child and commencement of this act with respect to that particular establishment?
12. To whom shall the case be initially referred by the Inspector in case of any question regarding age of a child permitted to work in an establishment.
(B) Police Commissioner
(C) Chief Inspector
(D) Prescribed Medical Authority
13. ——— sections of the act shall not apply to any establishment wherein any process is carried out by the occupier with the aid of his family.
(A) Section 7, 8 & 10
(B) Section 7, 8 & 9
(C) Section 7, 8 & 11
(D) Section 7, 9 & 10
14. Which is the year for “The Declaration of the Rights of Child”?
15. Which Section of The Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act, 1986 defines the term “Child”?
(A) Section 1
(B) Section 2 (i)
(C) Section 2 (ii)
(D) Section 2 (iii)
For more mock tests & study materials of ENFORCEMENT OFFICER Exam keep visiting us