IBPS RRB 2016 Tips Officer Scale I Office Assistant Exam How to Prepare for IBPS RRB 2016 exam.
What is IBPS RRB CWE:-
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection is fully responsible for conducting RRB Common Written Exam (CWE). IBPS every year organizes this online exam for recruitment ofOfficers & Officer Assistants (Multi- Purpose) in various Regional Rural Banks.Candidates who have completed their graduation can give this exam. This is the most awaited exam for Banking Sector every year. IBPS RRB exam is relatively easy if we compared it to IBPS PO exam. In the recent years level of competition in Banking Sector is interestingly increased. So focused & planned preparation for exam become very necessary. In this article we are going to discuss how/ what to prepare to crack IBPS RRB exam, what topics to focus more, which topics should given less time.
Exam Process:- IBPS RRB CWE selection process is very simple.First Step is an All India Written Exam (Pre & Mains) & Interview (For Officer Scale only) according to your Merit in various Regional Rural Banks. Candidates have to given online exam only once for selection in various RRBs. Candidates have to attain minimum cut off marks in each section & overall decided by IBPS to become eligible forInterview. Candidates have to do upto mark & goal oriented preparation for this exam.
Common Written Exam:- IBPS RRB Pre Exam is of 80 Marks & Mains Exam is of 200 Marks. Total Time Duration for this exam is for Pre Part is 45 Minutes & for Mains Exam is 2 Hours. Pattern has been changed from Year 2016.
- In Pre Part, there will be only two sections. Namely Reasoning (40 Marks), Quantitative Aptitude (40 Marks).
Subject Wise Tips for IBPS RRB PO & Assistant CWE V Exam
Reasoning Tips:- This part is useful because of the pattern of questions ask in this exam.
- This section is very scoring so candidates needs to focus more on this part.
- Most of questions in this sections are comprehensive type. A paragraph for Puzzles is given & 4 to 5 questions asked related to that paragraph.
- So This part is very useful, by solving puzzle you can answer 5 questions in no time.This part take less time if you solve paragraph puzzles with full concentration.
- In Reasoning Section Focus on Accuracy, This Section is very Important in increasing your Marks & Chances for Selection.
- This part play a crucial role in deciding merit of candidates. Marks of candidates also depends on this section. So IBPS Aspirants ! Make Reasoning your main weapon in the exam for crack IBPS exam as this part contain 40 valuable marks.
Topics to focus :- Seating Arrangements, Input-Output, Coding and de-coding, Problem Solving, Statement & Conclusion type questions, Blood Relation, Syllogism, Inequalities, Puzzles (Floor Based, Row & Order Based), Data Sufficiency, Decision Making.
Quantitative Aptitude/ Math Tips:- Aptitude is the section which play final role in the marks & Merit List of candidates. Candidates who scores in this section have fare chances to score high in this exam.
- Candidates are advised to save time from Reasoning, English & General Awareness as this part takes more time to solve the problems.
- Calculation of questions are time taking, so candidates have to manage time for solving questions.
- Don’t take much time on one question. Solve question according to merit.
- Focus on all question related to Data Interpretation, Number Series, Quadratic Equation, Data Sufficiency & Simplification (If any question asked)
- Candidates can make strategy about how many no. of questions to be solve in Aptitude part with giving proper attention to all other sections because it is not practically possible to solve all 40 Questions in given time. Topic oriented scheme is useful for problem solving.
Topics to focus :- Decimal and Fractions, Simplification, Number Series, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Data Sufficiency, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Time and distance, Problems on Sharing, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart, Radar Chart, Table Chart, Missing Data Interpretation.
IBPS PO Vs RRB PO Pre :-
No difference in strategy ,just try to increase speed and accuracy…earlier many would have solving 70 question(35 reasoning and 35 quants) in 45 minutes in SBI PO or IBPS PO Pre….now you have to solve 80 questions in 45 minutes… (No English Section in RRB PO & Assistant Pre ) so try to increase speed and be confident….
Syllabus for IBPS RRB PO & Assistant Pre :-
1) Quantitative Aptitude – ( 40 Questions )
Data InterpretationSimplification – ApproximationNumber SeriesQuadratic EquationsRatio & ProportionPercentage & AverageProfit & LossMixtures and AllegationsSimple Interest & Compound Interest & Surds & IndicesTime & WorkTime & DistancePermutation, Combinations & Probability.
2 ). Reasoning ( 40 Questions )
Seating Arrangement (Linear & Circular)PuzzlesSyllogismCoding DecodingAlpha Numeric SeriesInequalitiesMiscellaneous (Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test, Blood Relations etc.)
Life as a IBPS RRB PO & Growth :-
In RRB(Regional Rural Banks) ,as the name suggest it is rural bank so for sure u will have rural posting….
AS RRB HAS COMPULSION TO HAVE 80% OF THEIR BRANCHES IN RURAL AREA….
you will have have to work in rural areas for rural developement same as every bank functions..
RRBs have similar hierarchy as PSBs.. like if you start as PO i.e Assistant Manager then you move ahead to MANAGER(scale 2)..SENIOR MANAGER(scale 3).. CHIEF MANAGER..(scale 4).. and so on.. AGM – DGM – GM
But in smaller RRBs (who have less branches) senior level positions are not that prominent ..like a small RRB functioning in 4 or 5 districts have those many regional office even less and every region has a regional manager(region head) .. mostly they are scale 4 officers and quite close to their retirement.. so what i mean is promotion is slower in RRBs than PSBs (in larger RRBs like KGB,UBGB this scenario is different as they have many branches so they need officers of higher scale hence promotions are fast) , from scale 1 to 2 promotion eligibility criteria is of 5 years of service as scale 1 whereas in PSB it is less…
now coming to salary .. it is same as other PSBs in terms of basic pay but allowances vary .
now if you are joining RRB then you will be able to stay in your home state, less transfer .. i have seen many PO of PSBs appearing for ibps rrb (scale 2/3 generalist officers) because they want home state posting..
work load is bit lesser than psb .. so u will return home early from office.. in case of village posting you can enjoy fresh oxygen and fresh vegetables..
help people in villages they will give u immense respect … :-p
For more visit http://www.facebook.com/ndmias
For EPFO EO/AO Exams 2016