Clerical job, entry of inward and outward of mail, data entry etc.
|Officers (Class 1)
- Grade A to F.
- Grade is A is lowest, F is senior most.
- Junior-most officer is Assistant Manager
- An Assistant from class3, can appear in Departmental promotion exam to become an Assistant manager.
|Staff (class 3 and 4)
- Senior Assistant, special assistant, Assistant, record clerk, attendant (maintenance, catering etc.), security guards etc.
(RBI doesn’t have class II, or atleast that’s what internet says hahaha).
- The working hours are quite limited 9.15 AM to 5.15 PM
- No one asks a class 3 (Assistants) to stay after office hours because then organization will have to pay overtime.
- holiday on weekends
Career Growth / Promotions
- For Assistant post there is no transfer.
- For officer first posting will be out of home state and then transfer after every 5 years.
- After 3 years, there is usually an in-service (departmental) exam held for Assistant managers. But you should be ready for transfer.
- You cannot get into officer cadre without clearing that exam.
- Assistant manager’s exam involves subjects like RBI Act, English etc.
Salary and perks
- Approximate 21419 per month but it comes with many allowances and perks so total is about 2,90,000/- per annum.
- other allowances, viz. Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, City Compensatory Allowance, Transport Allowance etc., as admissible from time to time.
- RBI’s accommodation subject to availability,
- reimbursement of expenses for maintenance of vehicle for official purpose,
- Newspaper, Brief case, Book Grant,
- Allowance for furnishing of residence, etc. as per eligibility.
- Dispensary facility besides reimbursement of medical expenses for OPD treatment/hospitalization as per eligibility;
- Interest free Festival Advance,
- LTC/ Leave Fare Concession (once in two years for self, spouse and eligible dependents).
- Loans and Advances at concessional rates of interest for Housing, Car, Education, Consumer Articles, Personal Computer, etc.
- New Pension Scheme (NPS)
It is a good job, IF
- if you want to remain in your home state, want to have good quality life , bring up children and get a decent salary or
- want to prepare for any higher level competitive exams
- for a female who wants to get a husband on the basis of a job .
- Dont expect any bribe , the only advantage is that you will get fresh currency notes!
vs SSC CGL
SSC also recruits “assistants” in central ministries but their promotion prospects are higher.
For more like http://www.facebook.com/ndmias
For EPFO ENFORCEMENT OFFICER EExam
For RBI ASSISTANT 2016 Aspirants